Srednje (Central) Zilje, as its name suggests, falls between Gornje Zilje and Dolnje Zilje, and is mainly populated by families living in Cvetaševo selo, the oldest area of Srednje Zilje. Only a few houses ever existed beyond this area, all of which came into existence in the second half of the 19th century.
The surnames of the original inhabitants of Cvetaševo selo are very likely Cvetaš. The register of 1674 records that Ive and Jakob Cvitašič owned (or held) one mill together on the Kolpa in Zilje. The register of 1690 then records Jure Cvetaš as having one mill, also mentioning a Miha Cvetaš as being resident in Zilje. It was not only the Cvetaš families that held mills in Zilje. The 1674 register mentions Tone Balkovec as holding 1 or 2 mills, and in the 1690 register, Miha Pavličič (undoubtedly from Pavlini) is a miller as well.
Church records tell us that all of the oldest households of Srednje Zilje, except the Maradini, had the surname Cvetaš. At the end of the 18th century, there were only three households: two with surname Cvetaš, and one with Balkovec. By the mid-1800s, we have now added two more Cvetaš households, and a Jaketič family (who originated in Gornje Zilje) all within the same area of Cvetaševo selo. Even newer households came into existence, further north of the old road.
The 1822 map shows four households, three of which must be Cvetaši, Mlinari and Maradini. The map already shows buildings where the future Dolnji Mlinari and Dejankini households will be.
|1800||1850||1900||2012||Old House #|
|Mlinari||Gornji Mlinari||Gornji Mlinari||Gornji Cvetaši||Zilje 16|
|Dolnji Mlinari||Dolnji Mlinari||Dolnji Cvetaši||Zilje 40|
|Hajduki iz brda||demolished||Zilje 45|