|1800||1850||1900||2012||Old House #|
|delnik Mikulaši||demolished||Zilje 53|
|Stegneti||Stegneti||Gornji Stegneti||Gornji Stegneti||Zilje 3|
|Dolnji Stegneti||demolished||Zilje 47|
Church Register records from the mid- to late 1700s indicate that Gorenjci was inhabited by families in four households with surnames Jaketič (Ivičini, Stegneti, and Šoštari) and Starešinič (Špeliči-Pečovi). The existence of these surnames in Zilje is also documented in the Tax Register of 1674: Tome, Marko, and Miko Starešinič with a total of 2 Hübe; Miha and Jakob Jaketič with a total of 2 Hübe. By the 1900, we have five more households, all offshoots of the previous four: the Špeliči and Maradinkini from the Pečovi, and the Mikulaši from the Ivičini.
This map from 1822 clearly shows at least four separate households in Gorenjci. The additions in red are from 1865. Although not particularly clear, it shows new buildings have arisen (we presume offshoot households of the original four), and a great deal of subdivision of land parcels has occurred. The road that stretches the width of the map shows the path of the Old Road through Zilje.